Inspiration for the stawberry sauce comes from back when I was a kid. My Aunt grew fresh, plump, juicy strawberries in her home in Salinas California by the beach. One morning as my aunt was making pancakes she added a gloriously sweet strawberry sauce on top and I was hooked! So every time I make this sauce I remember my even sweeter aunt Nora.Even better is it is super simple and fun to make! I hope in sharing this y’all enjoy it as much as I do and add a little pizazz to your breakfast or dessert!
First I started with about ten (10) medium to small strawberries that were on the verge of being useless and placed them into a small sauce pan with the top removed. Then I add one (1) cup of frozen stawberries, 1/4 a cup of Stevia (sugar would be fine here too!) and a tablespoon of water. Let the ingredients come to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes until thick. Take it off the heat to cool for about 5 minutes. Next pour into a blender for a whirl! I usually don’t strain the sauce to add a bit extra texture to the sauce but to elevate the sauce for a more refined guest straining it is the way to go!
This sauce would go great over pancakes, crepes filled with vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberries, or even a piece of cheese cake! This sauce can add a bit of sweet but not too sweet to any dish. Please give it a go and let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you! I would love to hear of your amazing creations!
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup of Stevia
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 lb. pork diced small
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
In a bowl combine coconut flour, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Add pork and mix. Set as side.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tomatillos diced
- 1 small yellow sweet onion diced
- 1//2 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 4oz. Can diced hatch green chilies
- 1 7.6 oz. can crema
- 2 Cups chick stock or bone broth
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro minced
- 1/2 Cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
In a large pot over medium heat. Get the pot hot. Add olive oil. Then add the coconut flour covered pork. Let the pork cook and start to get brown. Then add onions,jalapeño,bell, tomatillos and garlic.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add chicken stock and green chilies. Let this cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is fork tender. Turn the heat down to a simmer then add Crema, salt, cumin,paprika and garlic powder. Don’t let it boil. Add cheese and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add Cilantro and you are ready to serve.
I garnished mine with more smoked paprika, cilantro and sea salt and black pepper pork rinds.
- 1 1/2 Cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Refrigerator 30minutes. This sauce is great on fish tacos.
- 2 Cups Red Seedless grapes (washed and cut in half)
- 2 Tsp. Minced Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (roasted & finely minced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Pinch of Kosher SaltIn a medium bowl add grapes, cilantro and minced jalapeno and mix. Add balsamic vinegar and salt to taste. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla or pita chips.
Pickled Cucumber and carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar( 2 stevia packets)
½ cup white vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cup cucumbers sliced thin
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- 3 teaspoons garam marsala
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 Whole Wheat tortillas
- Cilantro Lime sauce (dipping sauce)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 8 lime wedges
For Pickled carrots and cucumber: Combine and whisk together vinegar, sugar and salt together. Add carrots and cucumbers and toss refrigerate for at least an hour.
For the Turkey: Combine soy sauce, sauce, sugar, five spice powders, garam marsala, pepper, garlic and onion powder in a bowl. Add in ground turkey and mix well.
Place turkey into a medium skillet and cook until turkey is completely brown and temp reads 170 degrees.
For Wrap Construction
Heat Tortilla slightly to make more pliable 10- 15 second in microwave.
Take one tortilla add spinach, 2 oz. turkey, pickled cucumber and carrot, a couple of sprigs of cilantro and wrap tightly like a burrito.
Serve with a lime wedge and Cilantro lime sauce.
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage casings removed,diced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Tony Chachere’s
- Red pepper flake
In a large skillet over medium heat add a tablespoon of butter. Once it melts and the pan is hot add andouille,red and green bell peppers. Saute until peppers start to soften. Add remaining butter and garlic. Once that has melted add flour. This will help to thicken the sauce. Add heavy cream while stirring . Once incorporated add basil,parsley,Parmesan cheese green onion, and shrimp. Add a pinch of red pepper flake and season to taste with Tony Chachere’s seasoning. Cook until the shrimp is no long opaque. Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Spicy Thai Meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs*
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Sweet chili sauce*
- 1 Tbsp. Soy
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Gram Marsala
- 2 tsp. Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Then roll meatballs into quarter size balls and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until 170 degrees.
* For the dish above I did a simple stir fry with zucchini,snow peas and baby corn. Along with chow mein noodles via the package directions added the thai meatballs and made a sauce with a tablespoon of soy sauce 2 teaspoons of fish sauce and 2 tablespoons of seet chile sauce.
I topped it with pickled cucumbers and carrots
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of sugar (sub for stevia pk)
carrot strips and thinly slice cucumber
****omit * items for Keto / Paleo friendly
- 8 oz. plain Goat Cheese
- ¼ Cup Blueberries (cut in half) put in the freezer for 15 min
- 1 TSP Basil minced
- Zest f 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Place pecan pieces in a bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl mix goat cheese, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice together. Fold in blueberries.
Form into a ball and then roll in pecan pieces. Refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Shark Bites with Lemon Cilantro Aioli
- 4 Tilapia Filets
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ of a fresh lime
- ½ Cup shredded green cabbage
- 8 Warm Corn tortillas
In a small bowl mix kosher salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika.
In a skillet over medium heat add vegetable oil. Season one side of each filet and place seasoned side down in the skillet. Sprinkle the rest of the seasoning mix over the top of the fish. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip fish over and cook for I minute. At this point it should be easy to start breaking up the filets. Finish cooking the fish should no longer be opaque. Turn off the heat and squeeze lime halve over fish.
Build your tacos, warm corn tortillas, fish and cabbage. Top with Lemon Cilantro Aioli.
Lemon Cilantro Aioli
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
In a small bowl mix mayo, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic powder. Mix together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 12 oz. Bottle of Franks buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1lb. bag breaded popcorn chicken 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 half pint heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blue Cheese
In 8 quart pot over medium heat add butter. Allow butter to melt and add celery
And cook for 3 minutes. Add flour cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until it smells a little nutty and no longer like raw flour. Slowly add chicken broth while constantly whisking. Add cream and milk and whisk all together then add Frank’s buffalo sauce. Add honey and Thai sweet chili sauce mix well taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add warm cooked chicken and serve.
Garnish with celery and Crumbled Blue cheese
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 Tortillas
- 3 slices Deli style turkey
- 3 slices Deli style Ham
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 Tsp Chipolte Mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp milk
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tsp Jalapeno Jelly ( store bought is fine)
Spread chipotle mustard over both tortillas. Add four slices of cheese to one of the tortillas. Then add turkey, add another layer of Swiss cheese. Then add ham, then swiss and top with the other tortilla.
In a shallow bowl add eggs,milk and chile power ,whisk to combine.. Heat a cast iron skillet add butter. Dunk quesadilla into the egg mixture,then place on heated skillet cook until crisp.
Serve with Jalapeno jelly.
Stove Top Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 lb Small cooked salad shrimp
- 1 small bottle of Hot Ketchup
- 8 to 10 sweet pickle slices chopped fine
- 3 stalks of celery chopped fine
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 3 Hearty dashes of Worcester sauce
- 1 Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Lawry’s Season salt to taste
Combine ketchup, pickles celery,mustard, Worcester sauce and Tabasco in a sauce pan. Heat of medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer. Season taste with Lawry’s seasoning salt. Let the mixture cool then add cooked shrimp. Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
Tip: For a great presentation I will use some jumbo shrimp that have been boiled in old bay. I generally will use a Martini glass.
- 1 large Sweet potato, sliced paper thin
- 1 can store bought refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 Cup Italian Style shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herb Seasoning (McCormick grinders)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Non stick Spray Pam
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray pizza pan with nonstick spray. Unwrap and work pizza dough onto the pan. Add cheese. Then layer the thin slices of sweet potato,covering the cheese. Drizzle olive oil all over the pizza and sprinkle herb seasoning and garlic.
Place in preheated for approximately 15 to 20 min. Or until golden brown.
- 1slice smoked bacon,diced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic mimicked
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine may substitute for clam juice
- 1 14 oz. can cream corn
- 1 14 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 32 oz. chicken or seafood stock
- 1/2 lb. jumbo lump crab (picked thru carefully for shells)
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp (peeled,cleaned and tails removed)
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere or Cajun spice mix
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay
- 5 drops Tabasco
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped fine
- Zest and juice 1/2 lemon
Heat a 4 quart pot over medium heat. Add bacon and let cook until almost done. Add butter allow it to melt then add shallot,celery, and bell pepper. Cook until shallots are translucent and bell is softened. Then add the flour to the pot and cook for 3 slowly mixing as you pour. Add all corn and stock to the pot and simmer 5 minutes . Do not allow soup to boil. Add in seafood, when the shrimp turn pink add in old bay,Chacheres, and Tabasco. Add Parmesan, cilantro and lemon zest. Allow to cook for 3 more minutes before serving.
- 1 Pablano roasted seeded,stem and seeds removed
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cloved garlic minced
- 1 Tblsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tblsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
In food processor purée the poblano pepper, set as side. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat on your stove top. Add puréed pepper and minced garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes then add flour mix well. Then add heavy cream and allow mix to almost come to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and reduce sauce.
- 1 lb. crawfish tails
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- ½ c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. tabasco
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (Zatarans or Tony’s)
- ¾ cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely shredded
Pre heat oven 350
In a large bowl mix together, crawfish, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, mayo, cilantro, Worcestershire, tabasco and spices. Grease a 9×9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Add dip mixture to baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling!
Serve with crostini or tortilla chips!